Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The first little kick! November 1, 2011

I guess I cannot be 100% sure because I’ve never experienced it before, but I believe I just felt the first little flutters of baby zim. The first little “bubble pop” caught my attention and I thought huh – that felt like how all the books describe as the first baby movements. Right after that I felt a stronger and more distinctive POP.  I felt it in my belly and very close to the surface. I feel pretty confident that this was a little hello from our sweet babe. Pretty exciting!
Our last doctor’s appointment on October 25th went very well. Our little guy/girl’s heartbeat was at 135, I gained 7 pounds and after a little belly exam my doctor was happy with everything he saw. Below is a picture of our new 7 pounds; it’s not much but it’s our little baby bump! We also got all the test results back from the genetic screening – all is clear!
Our next appointment and ultrasound is scheduled for November 29th. By then we’ll be 21 weeks which means we can find out the sex if we want (unless the baby is being shy). Although most of you know that Adam and I keep going back and forth on if we want to find out or not, we are pretty sure now that we don’t want to know. We would like to experience both knowing and not knowing and since we plan on having two little munchkins we can find out the second time around.
I finally broke down this past weekend and got some maternity clothing.  My shirts of course still fit fine but my jeans were becoming very uncomfortable. What started as a quick trip to Target ended with a visit to the awesome maternity store in Montgomery Mall with Adrienne. We had so much fun stocking up on pants, sweaters, etc…Mom and Dad Zimmerman got me a gift card to the maternity store once we hit the second trimester (thank you again!) so we decided just get a bunch of essentials. I cannot tell you how comfortable I am today in my work pants. Maybe that’s why baby zim said hello – he/she approves of this new comfort!
In other news, Luci’s baby shower was on October 23rd and thankfully Mia decided NOT to crash the party, although she had us all on the edge of our seats. To be honest, we still are! I think we all sense her little presence and cannot wait to get that call from Olde Sporte. Adam is going to NYC this Thursday for a business trip so he might even get the good fortune of being there when all the action starts.  But hopefully not – we would all love for her to stay cozy for a little longer.
Luci’s shower was SO MUCH fun. She has an amazing group of super sweet girl friends who made the day very special for her along with a great show from the family – Ali, Elle, Randi, Amanda (with Rylie), mom and me.  Everyone made amazing dishes so after we ate like queens we enjoyed watching Luci open gift after gift of pink girly goodness! I forgot my camera at home (ugh) but I have one picture below which I think depicts the day perfectly – a glowing mommy surrounded by her gifts!
Overall life is wonderful and we are super happy! Upcoming posts – Henrik our wild and anxious dog and the Zimmermans finally remodel their bathrooms.
P.S. Happy Halloween! Since we can’t share pictures of our cute baby dressed up yet – here are some pictures of some other people's kids we think are cute ;)

Our baby  bump!

Luci's Shower

Be careful with that knife Nick!

Happiness is...

The Onder Girls 2011

Picture Perfect Halloweeen!

Time for candy!

The new kid on the block

One cozy little bear!

He could stay in that outfit all day!

Always better with a friend...

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute baby bump! (If it's a girl, I will call it you're "bumpette." Hhahaha!) You're carrying low like I did, which hopefully will help prevent - or at least lessem - acid reflux and kicks to the ribs. ; )

    ReplyDelete