Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Feeling Better at 14 Weeks!

Finally, after 14 weeks we are feeling better! It happened just like all the books said – one day I woke up and just felt normal. My headaches are gone and so are most of my tummy issues.  I still get a little dizzy when I push myself too much in the morning and I need to snack all the time but I really can’t complain.
We had another doctor’s appointment last week and the heartbeat was nice and strong – 145. We have another appointment in 3 weeks. Man – I feel like we’re going all the time now! I am showing a little bit now but not enough to need new clothing yet . I’ll post belly pictures when you guys wont laugh at me J
With a new lease on life we had a really enjoyable weekend. Saturday we enjoyed a big pancake breakfast and went car shopping. My lease is up so we need a new cruiser for our bruiser. Looking at cars with baby in mind is a totally different experience. Adam and I quickly turned away from cars with less than 4 start crash rating in all the different areas. We are skipping the SUV for now but a 3-year lease will allow us to reevaluate if we need one next time.  We haven’t made any decisions yet but a top runner is the Chevy Malibu. Although I am having a hard time coming to terms with driving a Malibu, I can’t deny it – the car is a BEAST!
Saturday night we went to Jonathan and Jaime’s house for break-fast. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful time sitting on the porch lit by candlelight enjoying great food and even some music from Uncle Glen who put real stings on Sydney’s guitar and jammed out. He also brought his amazing traveling guitar – what a talented man.  It was so nice to relax with everyone and catch up.
One of the main highlights of the night was Zack of course. He was so happy sitting outside all wrapped up and didn’t fuss all evening.  I also got to watch him get a little bath which he clearly loves! What a sweet little boy – below is a picture of the little munchkin.
Big weekend coming up – Portland for the Onder wedding! We’ll post some photos when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment