Saturday, January 14, 2012

Family Update

Adam was in charge of writing the next blog post about the Winter Classic Alumni Game but I’ll give a quick family update in the meantime.
Construction on the house continues with the upstairs bathroom being remodeled. We just finished week 2 and things are coming along nicely. Last week the bathroom was completely gutted down to the studs and the space was expanded out to the hallway. This week they reworked all the plumbing, electric and vents and put up the walls. The vanity will be in next Friday and our contractor assured me they would be ready for installation when it arrives. At this point, I can’t see how that is possible but I’m keeping the faith. I received a very enthusiastic “OH YES” when I asked if the bathroom would be done this month so please cross your fingers. Until then we will continue living in plastic and using the downstairs bathroom, which is fantastic other than having to go down to the basement every time nature calls.
Baby wise we are doing great. Our little girl is growing big time now, I’m up 24 pounds - YIKES. I’m sure the scale will show even more weight next Monday at our monthly appointment. I have my glucose test so I’ll be there for about an hour. Adam is so sweet and has decided to sit with me until it’s over.  Next Wednesday starts the third trimester and I’m so ready for this last lap. Sleeping is getting more challenging, my legs are cramping up and I just feel….big. I'm pretty sure she has finally flipped - I am feeling her move in very different places and last week the doctor said she seemed to be in the process of changing positions. 
Although physically things are getting more challenging I am feeling extremely happy. We are so close to meeting our sweet little girl. I’m excited to decorate her nursery, buy some little outfits and put the finishing touches on our home. This is a very special time!

Our registries are done – at BuyBuy Baby and Land of Nod. If anyone thinks something is missing please let me know – We need all the advice we can get :) If you notice the car seat is missing it's because we can only get the color we want a Great Beginnings so that's the only item we couldn't move over. 

Here are some pictures of the house and last week. 

Sweet baby Zack at last Sunday's dinner. That day J & J brought out new toys for him - he was so engaged and fun. He could be the most kissable baby yet. 


What does a preggo woman do at a bathing suit store? Take pictures of her big ol belly. Adrienne is now officially ready for her cruise! 

Phase One - Take all the old shit OUT!


 Once again...we are living in plastic.

Current progress....



No comments:

Post a Comment