Sunday, January 1, 2012

Making Room for Baby

Wow – what a productive week! Adam and I have been putting off all house and baby stuff until now and we really let the tasks pill up. Thankfully, we had 10 full days to knock it all out.

I’ll spare you the complete laundry list of items but here were the major things to accomplish:
  • Move the home office out of the baby’s room to the spare room in the basement
  • Clean the attic and move a ton of stuff form the basement/garage to the attic including all the holiday stuff
  • Buy some new furniture and rework the den to accommodate baby stuff
  • Register for baby stuff and order the furniture
  • Buy all material for upstairs bathroom construction that begins on Tuesday
  • Secure a daycare place for Henrik during the construction

I am happy to say we got it all done and had a lot of fun doing it.  The first few days were the worst as we sifted through a lot of old stuff (junk) and organizing it for donation, storage or use. Once that was done we (Adam) could move everything and put things back together.

To see the baby’s room almost completely empty is exciting. I look forward to making her room a cozy and happy place. The furniture won’t arrive until March but I have already started to pick up little girly accessories. I don’t have a theme or color pallet picked yet but I’ll share it when I do.

Although our vacation didn’t consist of sitting at the beach relaxing we had so fun together. We slept until 9-10 everyday, made a lot of great meals, spent a lot of quality time with the dog and Skyped on and off all day with Matty, Mia, Eric and Luci. We laughed a lot and just had a wonderful time doing everything together. We both feel rested and ready for the New Year.

To celebrate all our hard work and the New Year – we are going to a fancy dinner tonight to celebrate! It will be the perfect way to cap our week off.

Not the most exciting blog post but I’m so proud of what we have accomplished I had to share.

Here are some pictures of our work: 


The Baby's Room - Almost Empty! 

The Crib (Thanks Mom and Dad) and Dresser

The Rocker (Thanks Fay-Fay and Dad)

The New Retro Home Office 

The Den - Ready for Baby Stuff!


The Coat Closet Organized
If you recall what it looked like before, 
you understand why a picture is necessary! 

 Henrik Enjoying the Sun

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the room come together! She is going to be one lucky little girl! (Oh, and if you have questions when registering, just let me know. I can't help streamline things if you need help.)

    ReplyDelete