Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy anniversary!


If I had a penny for every time I wished I could go back and relive August 22, 2009, I would be writing this blog post from my private plane on the way to Hawaii with Adam to at least relive our honeymoon. 

I can honestly say, there is nothing I would change about our wedding day.  Was everything seamless – no – but was everything perfect – yes. Everything that mattered shined through the rain for us on that day.

I will save my personal and overly emotional thoughts on Adam for my journal (haha), but I will say that these last four years have been incredible. Adam continues to be an unbelievable partner, and now father. We have worked hard to lay a strong foundation for our partnership, believing that these early years set a standard for how our marriage will work in the years to come. And we are having so much fun - laughing together daily and truly enjoying each other. I feel extremely blessed.

I realized this year that although we cannot pop our heads into the Halcyon House anymore, walking around the streets of Georgetown brings us back to that amazing weekend. I am very thankful for this. I look forward to revisiting all our "spots" yearly.

This year, Ella joined us for the walk around the city and we even found a special activity for her at the new waterfront park…

Happy Anniversary, Adam, I love you! 

Selfie in front of the Halcyon House

New spray park at the Georgetown Waterfront






Loved watching all the planes fly above us

Yummy baby fat



Lunch by the Potomac

No comments:

Post a Comment